I’m a hugely experienced client facing, marketing, promotions and events specialist with specific expertise in client and account management.
I have a wide range of transferable skills, developed from my time delivering product launches, including first class client management; strong financial awareness; detailed production and logistics knowledge; engaging and passionate people management; a forensic eye for detail.
I’m highly organised with fantastic diplomacy skills and am adept at working on my own or within a team environment.
I’m now looking to join a workplace that will value my commitment, enthusiasm and skills.
2013 – 2019 Career break
I took 6 years out of work to raise our family during their early years. In this time I had 3 children, whilst also moving to the Middle East and then Canada whilst my husband took on a number of international roles. This included 3 years in Doha, Qatar and 2 years in Calgary, Canada. We returned to the Wirral in the summer of 2018 and now that all our children are at school I’m looking to return to work.
2012 – 2103 Head of Operations Journey9 / Wolfe Manchester
Marketing & Events Agency delivering extraordinary live brand experiences, corporate conferences and sport marketing launches.
In this role I was responsible for creating and implementing effective and efficient organisational processes for the business. Following rapid expansion, the business needed to install governance processes including:
· Financial management including monthly P&L reviews and cashflow forecasts
· Staff appraisals and objective setting
· Creation of a training programme to upskill employees in brand awareness and client servicing
· Implementation of Client KPI’s to drive high quality engagement and management
· Pitches and wins process to effectively evaluate and critically review our pitch documents
At a client level, I was responsible for ensuring the team worked within client budgets through having regular finance reviews with operations, to ensure margins were being met and evaluating clients spend against targets.
Highlights of the role included entering the agency into the experiential marketing sector with American Airlines at Manchester Airport and Goody Good Stuff in the FMCG sector.
2005 – 2012 Account Director iD Experiential London
Leading Brand Marketing Agency (£7m turnover) delivering sales driving customer engagement activity for host of FMCG, retail and fashion brands.
Clients: Revlon, Garnier, P&G, Johnson & Johnson, The Sanctuary, Nivea and Coral.
New business generation: I sought out new business opportunities with roster clients and new prospects. I was responsible for the full process of securing agency income from developing credentials, responding to briefs and tender invitations. Highlights included winning the Revlon contract on an exclusive basis against all other roster agencies. With my team we then launched all their new cosmetic products nationwide in retail environments. Budgets ranged from £50k-£200k per campaign. I pitched and won the Nespresso account beating 8 other agencies to secure £1m revenue per annum, at significant double digit margins.
Strategy and concept creation: I utilised consumer insight to deliver stand out, on-brand campaigns to engage target audiences. The activities ranged from nationwide roadshows and consumer sampling to customer education and awareness activation.
Campaign management: Full responsibility for activity from inception to delivery and finally to campaign evaluation. I developed excellent organisation and client management skills to ensure work was delivered on time, on budget and with meaningful evaluation. I was responsible for liaison with stakeholders from leading department stores, local councils and other agencies.
Event management: I delivered high profile national events to consistently deliver outstanding levels of customer satisfaction. This led to securing significant amounts of negotiated repeat business, without the need for additional pitching.
I also took on the role of Quality Controller for campaigns, from planning to evaluation including all logistical elements, ensuring high quality output from creative and production teams. This included managing extensive scopes of activity (E.g. 10,000 staffing days per year with a 98% compliance) with selected promotional personnel
People management: I led a team of 5 Account Managers and Account Executives, overseeing recruitment to appoint and retention of talent. I also oversaw a seamless TUPE transfer of 65 staff for brand activity for Nespresso.
Personal delivery: Winning iD ‘Magic Touch’ award 2011, an individual company award presented to me for winning and delivering a significant amount of new business that year as well as numerous client accolades.
2002 – 2005 Senior Sales Executive Haymarket Publishing London
Clients: MSN, Yahoo, Clear Channel, JC Decaux, Vodafone, PHD Group and Universal McCann.
· I promoted the magazine to specific regional markets, including instigating relationships with the Fresh industry awards, resulting in increased national presence and enhanced circulation & subscriptions.
· I successfully delivered the full compliment of ad pages for the 2004 Campaign Magazine annual outdoor report which had never been achieved before. This resulted in significant revenue increase, along with a number of new relationships.
· I was involved in in selling sponsorships for the industry renowned awards.
Brand Republic (Website)
· Personally sourced, developed organically grew over 20 contracted clients.
· Oversaw and implemented the successful re-launch of Brand Republic.
· Was the primary account handler for advertising agencies and recruitment consultants.
· Developed new and enhanced existing relationships with potential advertisers, as well as managing the client base of contracted clients.
· Proposed bespoke and creative solutions to individual client needs with regular presenting to clients and potential advertisers.
2001 – 2002 Call Centre Consultant Inkfish Brighton
Working on behalf of Genie.co.uk, a mobile telecommunications service provider, my role involved calling existing mobile phone customers and persuading them of the benefits of changing to Genie. I consistently met challenging performance targets.
1999 – 2001 Senior Receptionist South Lodge Hotel West Sussex
This was a shift role at a four-star hotel, where I was responsible for front-of-house customer management.
1 1998 – 1999 Lounge Agent British Airways Business Gatwick
I was responsible for business class passengers once they had reached airside, liaising with Gate staff.
· I’m computer literate and have worked extensively with MS Office and its various applications. I’m also adept with Paprika finance software and have used numerous company database systems.
· I have completed the MCCA Account Manager training course passing with a Merit.
· Extensive planning and logistics expertise gained in work and also personally from transporting a family of 5 around the globe for 6 years.
· Full clean driving licence.
I’m a keen traveller and have been fortunate to visit over 40 countries around the world. I’m an avid follower of interior designs and ethical fashion. I am also an active member of the St Bridget’s Pre-School Committee and regularly volunteer at the school.